Table of Contents
Download Overview - Real-Time Recognition SDK
Real-Time Recognition SDK is a software development kit that enables developers to create their own mobile apps with included functionality of recognizing text directly on smartphone camera preview screen.
- Real-Time Recognition SDK - Release 1 (17.11.2016)
- Release Date: 15.11.2016
- Part #: 1305/12
- Build #: 188.8.131.52
Download the latest release:
- Real-Time Recognition SDK (Extended version) – Login needed
New Features and Improvements
- Real-Time OCR
Thanks to Real-Time Recognition SDK, developers may create mobile apps with the capability to recognize text directly on the smartphone's camera preview screen. In comparison with ordinary OCR technologies that work with photos, Real-Time Recognition SDK provides higher accuracy and doesn’t require snapping and saving a photo, which improves customer experience, and ensure confidentiality.
- Recognition of text in real-world scenes
Real-Time Recognition SDK is able to find text of any color on any background (like road signs and menus) and extract it.
- Support of 63 recognition languages
Using Real-Time Recognition SDK it is possible to recognize text in up to 63 languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and several languages written in Cyrillic characters.
- Text translation
The extracted text can be translated instantly on smartphone camera preview screen. The new SDK provides build-in translation dictionaries for several languages.
- Works on device
All of the processing is performed offline on the mobile device, so the mobile application with Real-Time Recognition SDK can work without internet connection.
- Code Samples for text capture
The distributive includes code samples for text capture scenario in Swift and Objective C for iOS as well as in Java for Android. The samples demonstrate how to work with the library to implement text capture scenario. The Samples are an excellent basis for a user to get quickly started with the development.
- iOS and Android support
Real-Time Recognition SDK is available for platforms iOS and Android.
- Once you have downloaded Real-Time Recognition SDK, feel free to check the code sample on GitHub:
Details on the following topics can be found on RTRSDK.com
- Do you have questions? → Please contact ABBYY.
- To test the Extended version of Real-Time Recognition SDK, request trial here.
- Note: Just to save your time: SPAM requests will be deleted right away - Read here why...