Table of Contents
Technical Specifications Version 4.0
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine can be used under any development environment for C/C++, C# and .NET, including Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
Supported Operating Systems
The Mobile OCR Engine SDK is a cross-platform technology and supports the following operating systems:
- Android, all versions for ARM processors
- iPhone OS 7.1 and higher
Desktop OS on request only
- Mac OS 10.6 and higher
- Windows x86 for Windows Vista and higher
Old mobile operating systems to show the history, but not supported/used any longer
- Mobile Linux (Moblin) for Intel ® Atom™ processors
- Symbian 9.1 and higher, UIQ and S60
- WinCE 4.2 and higher for ARM processors, including Windows Mobile 6.x,
ABBYY offers professional services to port the software to other platforms and to customise the software for special tasks or propriety OSs
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is a compact code OCR solution and requires minimal memory resources:
- OCR of Latin and Cyrillic characters: 8 MB ROM, 10 MB RAM;
- Chinese and Japanese OCR: 14 MB ROM, 22 MB RAM;
- Korean OCR: 18 MB ROM, 28 MB RAM.
Exact memory requirements vary depending on the operating system and specifc recognition tasks (e.g. multilingual recognition requires more memory).
- 21 Main Languages (with dictionary support): Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgian), English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German (new and old spelling), Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmal and Nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
- 40 Additional Languages (without dictionary support) with Latin, CJK, Cyrillic or Greek characters: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Breton, Byelorussian, Catalan, Chechen, Chinese Simplifed, Chinese Traditional, Crimean Tatar, Croatian, Fiian, Hawaiian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Kabardian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay (Malasian), Maori, Moldavian, Mongol, Ossetian , Provencal, Rhaeto-Romanic, Romanian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swahili, Tagalog, Tatar, and Welsh.
Business card recognition
- 21 Languages: Chinese Simplifed, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine library does not contain functions for exporting recognition results. The export must be implemented by the developer. Basically, the recognition results have been exported into text only format. However, using the Mobile OCR Engine the developer has a possibility to obtain the information about character coordinates and its attributes like formatting information «bold type», «italic» or «underlined». This information can be used for implementation of export into RTF or XML files.
- No tags, yet