Table of Contents
Specifications Mobile Imaging SDK
ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK is a software development toolkit (SDK) that can be integrated into the following operating systems:
- Android (version 2.3 and higher for ARMv7 processors)
- iOS (version 7.x and higher)
- Storage Memory Requirements (RAM/ROM)
- 2.5-3 MB for Android
- 8 MB for iOS library
Note: The library can be stored either in ROM or RAM depending on the specific device.
- Hardware Requirements
- ARMv7 processor, 600 MHz and higher
- Runtime Memory Requirements (RAM)
- 256 MB RAM
- 2.5-3 MB for Android and 8 MB for iOS library (copied from the storage memory)
- 1-3 MB for the image
- Image Input
- Image Output
- An input JPEG file can be exported into output JPEG or a single-page PDF file.
- A batch of images can be exported into a batch of output JPEG files or a multi-page PDF file
- The ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK library for Android is written on C++ and is provided as a dynamic library (the libmipNative.so file). The library file can be found in the Android\Lib folder of the ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK distribution kit.
- See the API References of Android Library section for detailed library description.
- Development Environment
- The main development kit for Android is the Android SDK that contains Java libraries, utilities to build projects, and simulators to test applications.
- The SDK requires the Java Development Kit (version 5 or 6).
- To write an application using the ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK library, you may use Eclipse with Android Development Tools plug-in as your software development environment.
- For more detailed information, go to the Android site for developers http://developer.android.com/index.html.
- To create an application using the ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK library, use the Xcode development environment
- See the Apple's site for developers http://developer.apple.com/ for detail
- ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK for iOS written on Objective-C is provided as a static library (the libAbbyyMIP.a file).
- The library file can be found in the iOS\Lib folder of the ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK distribution kit.
- See the API References of iOS Library section for detailed information.
Compatibility with ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine
- ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK and ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine are two separate SDK libraries with their specific functionality.
- To use the both libraries in one project, they have to be embedded separately.
- There is no automatic transferring images from one library to the other, so the developer handles the image transfer.
- No tags, yet