Table of Contents
FineReader Engine 8.0 Linux
- FineReader Engine 8.0 for Linux (EPS) was released in September 2006
- FineReader Engine 8.5 for Linux Maintenance Release 1
- Release Date: 16.7.2013
- Updated version of the OCR technology, no new features
- Download password changed
- The end of life policy for this SDK is unchanged
- The last Engine 8.0 EPS/Linux Maintenance version (Release 5) was published: 20.1.2010
- Part Number: #498/28
- Build#: 18.104.22.16830
- Not published any longer
End of Life Statement
- FineReader Engine 8.0 for Linux is out of support and sales since End of 2013!
- The SDK version 8.0 was released 2006
- The successor FineReader Engine 9.0 for Linux was released in 2010.
- Version 10 is available since March 2013.
- Version 11 is available since October 2013.
- With the launch of the next major release Version 11, the old Version 8.0 SDK will go out of support, this means
- No further license sales
- No reactivation
- No technical support
- If your licenses are under maintenance, please switch to the latest version of FineReader Engine for Linux.
- ABBYY will not make any technical changes or not provide technical support for this SDK Version.
- Version 11 was released together with Windows and OS X in December 2013.
- Please see also the ABBYY Technical Support Policy:
- No tags, yet