Table of Contents
FlexiLayout Studio Overview
What is FlexiLayout Studio?
- ABBYY FlexiLayout Studio is a development environment that allows to create formalized document descriptions and data extraction logic, so called FlexiLayouts.
- When various types of documents have to be processed, it is needed to automate the process in an intelligent way.
- FlexiLayout Studio is the tool to develop the logic/ “intelligent” document descriptions
- to separate
- to classify and
- to extract relevant information from the documents
- FlexiLayout Studio is used by developers to create and test core classification and information extraction logic.
Once the “instruction set” are ready and working, the FlexiLayout projects can be used in the production environments.
- FlexiLayout Studio the essential part of ABBYY's Data Capture platform.
The tool is included in the following products.
- FlexiCapture Engine (SDK)
- FlexiCapture Distributed
User Interface of FlexiLayout Studio
FlexiLayout Technology Principles
- FlexiCapture Technology imitates the way humans recognize objects.
- A person is looking for the special fields on the document in order to detect the required data.
- Once the “anchor” element is founds the “surrounding” area is analyzed for “information pattern” that match.
- The technology in FlexiLayouts uses the same approach.
Once FlexiLayouts are tested and rolled out, they can be processed within the ABBYY FlexiCapture Data Capture platform, below a scheme that illustrates the usage with FlexiCapture Engine.
Video: How to work with FlexiLayout Studio
- 30 minutes of a condensed technical introduction to FlexiLayout Studio.
- You will see how the basic logic for invoice processing is set up.
- FlexiLayout Studio is part of FlexiCapture.
- Developers who will work with FlexiCapture Engine will get a copy of FlexiCapture Standalone and FlexiLayout Studio so that they can develop the flexible data extraction logic.
Tutorials on youtube:
1) version not available in all regions