Table of Contents
Cloud OCR SDK
What is the ABBYY Online/Cloud OCR SDK?
- The “Cloud OCR SDK” is a online OCR service developed and run by ABBYY:
- Available recognition options:
- Full-text/full-page OCR
- Field-level/Zonal OCR/ICR
- Barcode recognition
- Business Card recognition
- Usage: online via http(s)
no user interface
- Processing can be controlled via RESTful API - http://ocrsdk.com/documentation/
- The recognition service can easily be integrated in own applications and services
- Detailed infos about the status of the service
- Free development account just sign up!
Who is the target audience for the "Online" SDK in the Cloud?
- Software Developers and small Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
- App Developers for smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android etc.)
- Companies with a SaaS strategy for their business solutions
- Companies running their applications and services in the cloud with a need for OCR and PDF conversion
Cloud OCR - General Questions and Answers
- How to start development?
- What is the technical base of the online SDK?
- Where can I find the developer agreement?
- Where can I find the AppID?
- How to get technical support?
Cloud OCR Pricing
What are the costs for the online SDK?
- Page volumes up to 30.000 pages can be purchased online directly ocrsdk.com website
- The minimal pre-payment amount is 9.99 $
- The service will count volumes and charge for each processed page or recognized area/field.
- If the same page is re-ocred with different setting, this will be free
What is the business model of the "online OCR service"
- Developers have to register and create their account
- The registration is free of charge and you will give access to a test set of images
- the API / integration can be made with the test set
- 50 “own” images can also be uploaded and processed for free
- Re-OCR of the same image but with different settings is free of charge.
- No up-front investment in an OCR SDK
- Pay-as-you-go for development & usage
- The cloud-based service automatically is scaling up and down - so you will always have the processing power you need.
You don't have to care or worry about upfront IT investments.
Your Business with OCR as a Service
- Using OCR via a cloud service opens a variety of new scenario where OCR can be used to extract/convert paper-based information - without adding a full OCR Engine to your application.