Table of Contents
ABBYY Page Counter & Calculation
ABBYY offers licenses that count pages - DIN A4 pages (210 x 297 mm).
- If a page is processed that is smaller than A4 then at least one A4 page is counted
- When a page that is bigger than A4 , for example A3, is processed then the page counter is reduced with more pages:
- A3 = 2 x A4
- A2 = 2 x A3 = 4 x A4 - so minimum 4 pages will be counted
- In reality the situation is more complicated, because the physical paper size is one thing, but the size of the digital image depends on the scan/image resolution.
So at the end the number of pixels of an image is important.
Page Count and Paper Size
- For pages larger than A4 the counter of recognized pages increases by the number
(area of the page)/(area of A4) )
- To calculate the width and height of a page we use the following formula:
int imageWigth = image→GetWidth() / max( 1, image→GetResolution() )
int imageHeight = image→GetHeight() / max( 1, image→GetResolution() ); [image is an Image Object].
- This object represents a single “image plane” (black-and-white, color or preview) of an image in internal format.
- imageWidth and imageHeight are values in inches.
- If you need the size in centimeters you just need to know 1 inch = 2,54 cm.
Format & Pixel
|Paper size||in inch||in mm||in twips (1/1440 of inch)|
|A3||11,69 x 16,54||297 x 420||16838 x 23811|
|A4||8,27 x 11,69||210 x 297||11909 x 16834|
|A5||5,83 x 8,27||148 x 210||8391 x 11909|
|Legal||8,5 x 14||216 x 356||12240 x 20160|
|Letter||8,5 x 11||216 x 279||12240 x 15840|
|Executive||7,25 x 10,5||184 x 266||10440 x 15120|
- No tags, yet