Table of Contents
- Release Date 6.0 for Windows: August 2002
- Release Date 6.0 for Linux: September 2003
- End of sales & support: October 2008 with the launch of Version 9
New in V6 technology
- Improved algorithm for the recognition of poor print quality documents. The improved algorithm incorporates a new adaptive image binarization method and a new method of background removal, and is particularly effective in the case of images scanned in “grey” mode.
- New PDF saving mode - “Image only”
- Save text alignment in Excel format
- Save nonrectangular pictures in RTF format, recreate bullets and numbering
- 177 recognition languages
New recognition fonts are supported: OCR-A, OCR-B and MICR (E13B).
- Fast mode available in all FineReader 6.0 Engine versions except the FineReader 6.0 Engine Standard. This mode provides faster recognition with worse image quality
- New features in ASCII version: the ability to preprocess image files, to recognize multipage image files, to work with memory images
- New Licence Manager utility
Products based on V6 technology
- No tags, yet