ABBYY SDKs for iOS
iPhone OS Intro
- WWDC 2010: Apple changed the name of the iPhone OS to iOS (June 2010)
- iPhone OS (known as OS X or OS X iPhone in its early history) is a mobile operating system developed and marketed by Apple Inc.
- Since the introduction of the iPhone and iPod Touch, it has been included as the default operating system of the devices, and has been announced as the default operating system for the upcoming iPad.
- It is derived from Mac OS X, with which it shares the Darwin foundation, and is therefore a Unix-like operating system by nature.
- iPhone OS has four abstraction layers:
- the Core OS layer,
- the Core Services layer,
- the Media layer, and the Cocoa Touch layer.
- The central processing unit (CPU) used in the iPhone and iPod Touch is an ARM-based processor
- From the iPhone 3G S the built in camera has auto focus and 3 Mega Pixel
this makes the device usable also for applications that contain OCR