Table of Contents
OCR Recognition Features in a Nutshell
- Recognition of the characters printed on an image is probably the most obvious task that OCR.
- A lot of different aspects have to be considered
- Languages are in documents
- How is the text printed on paper: on a laser printer, on a typewriter, on a dot matrix printer, etc..
- What areas should be analyzed or recognized
- Only text without reading order
- Should tables be detected?
- Should barcodes be recognized
- Does the document consist of separate pages or are they linked?
- Should the logic of the document be analyzed to reconstruct the table of content?
- How many CPU cores can be used for recognition.
- Below you can see that there are a lot of different areas that have a strong influence on this processing step.
OCR Recognition Features
Code Samples for Recognition
Different Recognition Scenarios
- No tags, yet