Table of Contents
OCR: Speed & Quality
OCR Quality/Speed - in a Nutshell
- Processing speed and recognition quality are contradictory goals, and they are directly related to image quality.
- The better the images are, the faster they can be processed - this is why Imaging is so important.
- The worse the input documents are, the more CPU time and character classifiers have to be used to get good quality.
- Also the complexity of a layout will influence the overall processing time.
- CPU speed and hardware of course also matter
- Never the less, over the last years the topic is much less critical
- Different Processing Profiles make it easy to what should be extracted
- ABBYY SDKs, solutions and products make technically easy to use the full capacity of multiple core processors (= vertical scalability)
- ABBYY offers standalone and network licenses, so it is also easy to distribute peak load on multiple machines if this is needed = horizontal scalability)