Table of Contents
SDK Trial Licences
- For evaluation purposes ABBYY offers free fully functional Trial Licences of all currently available SDK versions.
- Trial Licences are limited in
- time: 60 days
- number of pages: 10.000
- ABBYY provides basic support during the evaluation period, allowing interested developers to test the SDKs in real working conditions.
How to get an SDK Trial
To obtain a Trial Licence, we recommend to use the request forms on www.abbyy.com:
You will be contacted by an ABBYY employee (or a SDK distribution partner)
The next steps will be:
- Sign the provided Trial Software Licence Agreement (TSLA)
(online or as PDF, depending where are you located)
- Once the filled TSLA is submitted and approved you will receive
- a licence key and
- a access to a download page
Once you received your Trial Licence key and downloaded the SDK you can:
- Download and install the SDK
- Activate your licence (when needed)
- Start evaluation & development - do not forget to evaluate the Code Samples
How to test Cloud OCR or CLI Linux
- Visit the Cloud OCR SDK site
- sign up for a free developer account and start testing right away
- Got to ocr4linux.com
- fill out the form and you will get your free trial right away
How to start with the SDK
- All SDKs come with complete documentation
- as CHM-help file or HTML-Help
- For most SDKs there is also a printable PDF available.
- There are code samples for different programming environments
- FineReader Engine & FlexiCapture Engine (Win) contain pre-compiled code-samples so it is very easy to test some features without coding. Since the source is also included developers can re-use the code.
- For Mobile OCR Engine ABBYY offers a special Test Shell running on Windows